Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Asian travels

One of my best friends, Jessica, just uploaded some old pictures onto Facebook from our trip to Thailand in 2006, and it brought back so many awesome memories. I've loved all of my travels, but Thailand was definitely still one of my best trips ever. In this picture, we were dancing to Thai pop music, hairbrushes and everything, and I believe Jessica's cousin and our other traveling companion were in the room, too.

Thailand was wonderful for us. Good (and inexpensive!) food, friendly people, adventure, and lots of ancient culture (and for me, mosquitos, too--I got hit the worst of all of us). Hopefully, Jess and I can go back one day and have it be as incredible as it was for us the first time. I feel like we spent the entire trip laughing. So much fun!

I don't think I mentioned it on here at all yet, but I've got another Asian adventure coming up soon! One of my other best friends, Eifeh, is spending a year in Taiwan. She double-majored in history and Chinese and studied abroad in Taiwan a couple of years ago, and Matt and I will be spending two weeks there with Eifeh and her boyfriend, Dan! Huge, huge thanks to Matt for making this trip possible for me, because my budget really could not have handled it otherwise. I have a seriously amazing boyfriend.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

how fun!!!! what a great adventure and one right around the corner!!

can't wait to see pictures and read updates :)

Vivian said...

Sooooo exciting!!! Taiwan!! I'd love to visit there.

Yay!!! Can't wait to read about it!

And yes, Thailand is the best isn't it??!!

Nicole Marie said...

i want to go to taiwan so bad!!!

irene said...

la thailandia dev'essere stupenda!
mi piacerebbe molto fare un viaggio in asia!