Thursday, April 15, 2010

The search for a yellow dress continues

If you were reading this blog quite a while back (ha, who am I kidding?), you might remember my search for a yellow dress. Well, you may or may not recall that there was no conclusory post about me finding my happy yellow dress. More than a year later, I still have not found a suitable yellow dress that fits what I want. I honestly never thought it would be so hard to find a yellow dress that fit within my ideal parameters! Especially during the spring or summer!

I recently found this one on the Macy's website and think it's beautiful! However, while I did say that I would be willing to splurge a little if I found one I really liked, even $130 is quite a reach for me.

Ralph Lauren Grace

Over the months that have passed, I've come up with a pretty good idea of what I want. So, here's what I've had in mind:
  • Something with some structure and a fairly simple design
  • I'd like it to be dressy enough to wear to an event that calls for cocktail attire
  • But casual enough to wear every day
  • Some sturdier/dressier material
  • Knee-length or a few inches above would be fine
  • A rich shade of yellow
  • Preferably with some sort of straps, but I'm not too particular about this
And here's what I don't want (and unfortunately what I've seen a lot of):
  • No baby doll style dresses (okay, this one kind of resembles a baby doll with its empire waist, but I don't mind because it still has structure)
  • No tunic-styles or sack dresses (preferably)
  • No t-shirt material dresses
  • No excessively short mini dresses (I don't mind mini dresses, just not for this particular dress)
  • No highlighter colors (and no bright green-yellow hues or key lime pie colors; I've seen a lot of them lately, though!)
  • While I like pale yellow, I've been envisioning a brighter, richer shade of yellow. I'd rather go a little deeper in color than go lighter.
  • Nothing too poofy
Picky, picky. Oh, man... For the record, I don't usually come across as this nitpicky (nit-picky?). Do any of you have a similar situation that will make me feel less crazy? Oh, dear...

2 comments:

Amie said...

Well that dress is adorable! And you know, for a dress that you can keep in your wardrobe for easily 10+ years, $130 isn't that much. I would definitely go try it on!

FJ said...

Lol. That dress is gorgeous. Dillards has some really pretty yellow dresses in their juniors section that are under $90.