Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Early morning study break

It's 4:49 in the morning and, as I write this, I'm taking a break from studying for a test, which should offer some insight as to my recent absence from the blogging world (if any of you happened to wonder or care).

Aside from school, very little of any significance has been going on in my life. Which is good, I suppose, if you subscribe to the concept that "no news is good news," which I tend to. I'm busy, but I certainly have no complaints.

On my mind as of late:
  • The beach. As I've been spending most of my time cooped up indoors, either in class or studying, I've been craving the beach and the outdoors in a big way and spending my study breaks looking up bathing suits I want to buy and resisting the urge to actually buy them (just barely). I am lucky, however, in that I do work in a garden setting. Although that does mean that I have to deal with the yucky weather, too.
  • Spring. Even with California's mild winters and quite a lot of beautiful sunny days, I'm still craving a bit more warmth and the opportunity to de-layer a bit.
  • A getaway. Spring break is fast-approaching and I'm brainstorming where and/or how to spend it. I suffer from wanderlust pretty much nonstop, but it seems worse than usual lately.

No comments: