Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I wanna dance with somebody


I don't think I've mentioned it, but my roommates and I decided that, because it's our last semester and we've never taken a class together (we all have different majors), we needed to take an elective class together. So, we chose to take a recreational dance class once a week.

And I'm SO glad we did, because I love it. We've been focusing on social dances, like swing, salsa, and the tango. I used to dance years ago, and while this type of dancing is completely different and I'm a total novice, I really love it--especially watching all the other dancers while they whirl and spin and demonstrate all their fancy moves. And it's different from a lot of the dancing that you see on popular dancing shows like Dancing with the Stars, because none of it's choreographed. Everybody learns how to lead and follow using classic steps, so everyone can dance with pretty much anybody. So, so beautiful.


1 comment:

Alli said...

Ooh! I would love to do this with my roommates. My senior and masters year I'm living with my best friends and they're all guys so I'm not sure how they'd feel about that... ;)

Still love the idea though and it sounds like you're having a great time with the class!