While my sister inherited our dad's bulkier legs, I got our mom's skinny, little chicken legs. Needless to say, it makes for quite the challenge for both of us respectively when it comes to looking for tall boots.
Season after season, I pass on buying boot after boot, because they're not quite what I'm looking for. They're either uncomfortable,or not quite my style, too high, too low, but more often than not, it's because they're just too big in the calf. I know that with many boots you can have them taken in professionally, but I kind of feel like that compromises the work of the designer or the quality of the boot, so I usually just choose to forgo the boot entirely. I've justified to myself that after so many passes on good boots, I should be able to splurge a bit on a good pair once I find a worthy one.
So, as I continue the never-ending search for my perfect tall boot (ankle boots are so much easier!), here are some of this season's candidates:
Season after season, I pass on buying boot after boot, because they're not quite what I'm looking for. They're either uncomfortable,or not quite my style, too high, too low, but more often than not, it's because they're just too big in the calf. I know that with many boots you can have them taken in professionally, but I kind of feel like that compromises the work of the designer or the quality of the boot, so I usually just choose to forgo the boot entirely. I've justified to myself that after so many passes on good boots, I should be able to splurge a bit on a good pair once I find a worthy one.
So, as I continue the never-ending search for my perfect tall boot (ankle boots are so much easier!), here are some of this season's candidates:




2 comments:
cute! i'm like you when it comes to boots...they have to be just right or i pass real fast. i really like the first pair!!!
Me too, I'm so picky when it comes to boots.... I need the perfect pair! I do love the Steve Madden ones!!
Thanks for your lovely comment! I hope you do travel after you finish school, it's so exciting and rewarding!! I'd love to read about it all :)
Post a Comment