Thursday, October 1, 2009

France and New Orleans

Aside from my weekend being crammed with tests and studying, it's been a fun week so far! Much more social than any other recent weeks.

On Tuesday, Matt, my friend Melanie, my roommates, Bryan and Ralph, and I went to a little French restaurant downtown. So many good options down there, but I'd never been to this place before.

We had some Lindemans Framboise beer, which is Belgian and raspberry-flavored. I've had the peach before but never the raspberry. It's good, but don't expect it to taste like beer!

Melanie, Matt, and I had never tried escargot before (Ralph and Bryan had), so we decided to order some!

Garlic fries. A m a z i n g .

Melanie with her snail!

I ordered French Onion soup as a starter. Always good. Mmm. I ordered the Linguine Pomadoro for my entree. Later that night, we all went back to the apartment and played board games. Apples to Apples and Outburst. Hilarious.

Wednesday night, Matt and I went to a really popular local New-Orleans-inspired restaurant (an hour long wait for two on a Wednesday after the dinner rush?! Crazy, but worth it). You eat seafood with your hands that you have seasoned and spiced to your liking out of plastic bags on tables covered in wax paper. And you get bibs!

Our crawfish and corn. So much work to get the meat out of crawfish and ridiculously messy, but so yummy!

We also ordered King Crab legs and gumbo, and all of it was amazing. Oh my god, I'm practically drooling thinking about it.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

What a feast!!! And framboise beer?? Delicious. More food posts, please!! Love them.