Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Making choices

I'm feeling anxious right now, trying to concentrate and study for two exams and a debate that I have tomorrow after having studied late last night for a midterm I had today. It's the plight of every college student, but it doesn't suck any less. A lot of you have been through this. You know the pain.

Knowing that we all have choices and realizing, hey, I don't have to be studying right now, I made myself stop and ask myself, "Why am I doing this?" And there it was again:
  • I want my degree this May.
  • And I want to be able to pursue a higher degree eventually.
  • I need good grades in order to do so.
  • I don't have to study right now.
  • I could go to sleep instead.
  • But if I want decent grades, I should study.
And there it is. I see my choices. So, back to studying it is.

There is a purpose in all this! I'm achieving my goals and chasing after the future I want. Nobody said it was all going to be pretty, but I'm going to do it.

No comments: