Saturday, October 31, 2009

70s Mama

I found these precious dresses while scouring my parents' house for a Halloween costume, and they both fit me! I was a little surprised that the first one fit, though, because although my mom was tiny when she was young, she's still a good five inches shorter than me!


My mom said she remembers buying this dress at Marshall Field's in Chicago when she was in her 20s, which was during the 70s. I can't think of a single person more meticulous than my mom, which is fortunate, because it means these dresses are in excellent condition!



My mom remembers also buying this dress in Chicago and says she probably wore it when she was about my age, which would be around 1972. My parents met in Chicago when my mom was just younger than I am now, so I asked if he remembered this dress, and he said he does!

So, I'm not going to be wearing them as Halloween costumes, but I'm stoked that I found them. I can't wait for an occasion to wear them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss M! What a find! You're so lucky your mom kept those. I'm especially in love with the red stripe dress!!