Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall


Yes, it was 80 degrees today where I am, but I know the reign of the warm weather will be coming to an end soon enough, so I've still got Fall on the brain.

Cons:
  • I'm such a baby in cold weather. I'll be complaining for months once the cooler weather sets in.
  • My roommates tolerate the cold much better than I do, which means I don't get to turn on the heat in the apartment when I'm freezing.
  • Southern California doesn't really experience the seasons the way most other places do. We don't get the beautiful, colorful autumn leaves. Southern California stays pretty much green all year long.
  • Bye-bye, warm beach weather!
  • I find it much easier to dress for warm weather than for cool weather.
Pros:
  • We don't get nearly as cold as other places. (This may also be a con, but remember: I don't do well in the cold.)
  • I love the beautiful, rich, warm fall colors!
  • I wear whatever colors I want to all year long regardless of the season, but I still love the colors that come out in the fashion world during Fall and Winter: deep jewel tones, forest greens, cooler gray tones, warm chocolatey browns, rich reds, deep navy blues and burgundies. My favorites!
  • Hot chocolate with marshmallows! Amaretto-flavored coffee!
  • The beach is still beautiful when it's cold! It's just totally different. And I don't want to get in it. :)
  • Hats and berets and beanies! I don't wear hats much when it's hot out, but when I'm too lazy to attempt any sort of style during Fall or Winter, out come the hats! I love style that's functional.

No comments: